My buddy Isaac and I are excited to celebrate our 4th Annual Doughnut Day with our closest friends.
Each year, we scout the best doughnut recipes, then shop, workshop, prep, bake, and celebrate. This year, we plan on delivering a ton of new flavors, sweet and savory.
Lest you think we’ve simply purchased these delectable doughnuts, I’ll tease you with some of the behind the scenes prep fun. #doughnutday #negativecalories
Here’s what we plan on making ::
- Bacon cheddar jalapeño
- Caramel apple crisp :: sweet doughnut, with caramel glaze and cinnamon apple crumble topping
- Ginger-infused wasabi (pictured below)
- Margarita doughnut :: filled with tequila-infused cream, key lime glaze, garnished with a candied lime wedge, green sugar and a bit of salt
- S’mores doughnut :: filled with marshmallow cream, topped with dark chocolate glaze, and graham cracker crumble, and torched mini marshmallows
- Banana split doughnut :: banana cream filling, dark chocolate glaze, topped with toasted walnuts, sprinkles, and a candied cherry
- Pumpkin Spice/Oktoberfest doughnut :: Pumpkin Ale glaze made with Pumpkin beer reduces pumpkin purée, cinnamon, clove, allspice, nutmeg
- PB&J doughnut :: peanut butter glaze, three berry compote filling
- Maple bacon:: because why not